Re: Adaptec 2100S: System freeze when trying to backup with tar

Hi,

I recently installed a Adaptec 2100S SCSI HW Raid controler and two HD which
are mirroerd.
Kernel version is 2.4.22-ow1 and I compiled the i2o module to the kernel and I
thought that everyithing works fine, well actualz it does work perfect till I
start a tar.
After a short while the system just hangs and I have to reboot it.

Try using the "dpt_i2o" driver (Adaptec I2O RAID support) instead of the i2o_* modules.

Marc