Re: Is there a stable mail client for linux?
On 2004-10-02 20:04:52 +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 10:30:46AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre said
> > is still annoying. I don't have this problem with the mbox format.
> Mail won't be delivered to a mbox while you're reading it.
No, while the *MUA* is reading the file.
What I meant here:
1. A mail is received and stored to the current folder.
2. I type some key (e.g. the up arrow key).
3. Mutt notices that the mailbox has changed (new mail).
4. Mutt makes the new message appear in the folder index.
5. Mutt processes the key (e.g. moving the cursor).
Between step 3 and 4, Mutt freezes with maildir, but not with mbox.
Vincent Lefèvre <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / SPACES project at LORIA