Re: Is there a stable mail client for linux?

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:02:52 -0400
Ed Sutherland <digital@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> My e-mail clients (Thunderbird 0.8 and KMail) just went insane this
> morning. I hit the 'del' key and TB deleted every message in my inbox
> that was either older than the message selected or unread.

I had input "glitches" during the last few weeks where some input
apparently got stuck in the X server. This might be one incarnation. It
seemed to happen after a dist-upgrade.

> Is there a secure, solid and stable e-mail client built for linux?

Short answer: No, they all suck. Learn to deal with it, keep backups and
choose the one that you find sucks the least.

I think it's a special version of the three component dilemma: Secure,
solid, stable: choose two (stable counts as two). Although, I'd say
"secure, stable, useable" is a better fit.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de