kdm/ssh-agent

Hello

This has been bothering me for a while, but it hadn't impacted me much until recently -- before my upgrade to KDE 3.3 (Debian Sid/Unstable), kdm used to start the ssh-agent as part of my login process. This has the side effect of sharing the agent environment variables through every application I run under that session. After my upgrade, ssh-agent no longer starts up, and of course, when I start it up manually, it only serves apps started under the same shell. This really makes it much bothersome to run CVS over SSH, SFTP in Konqueror and a lot of other applications/utilities. I done my googling on the subject, and found out that I needed to add "use-ssh-agent" to my "/etc/X11/Xsession.options" file. I checked the file and the option is there:

# /etc/X11/Xsession.options
#
# configuration options for /etc/X11/Xsession
# See Xsession.options(5) for an explanation of the available options.
allow-failsafe
allow-user-resources
allow-user-xsession
use-ssh-agent

However, "/etc/kde3/kdm/" has no references whatsoever to "/etc/X11/Xsession.options". I checked the "kdm.options" manpage for a similar option, but to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? What was your solution (preferably, done in the Debian Way[tm])?

Thanks
Ulisses