Re: Delays accesing some urls from debian

Carl Fink wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 08:00:50AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
I've noticed that accessing pages of www.nytimes.com is very slow when
doing it from home. However, from my office computer (w2000) there is
no delay. The response is fast. Could this have anything to do with
the nytimes site expecting some response from the operating system
that is not getting from debian? Has anybody observed a similar
situation? By the way, this is the only site that has this especific
behavior.

I just tried it from my Debian box at the office; took about 51 seconds, 50 of which were spent "resolving www.nytimes.com". A traceroute gets about 13 hops down the route and then hits a major snag just after ge-1-2.a00.nycmny01.us.da.verio.net, getting nothing but three *'s on each hop thereafter. (I'm too traceroute-illiterate to know what this means, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that).

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu