Re: SLRN random-sig files, found this but stilll

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:40:18 -0400
Michael Marsh disseminated the following:

> I found that running it in my .cshrc changed my signature often enough for my
> tastes, but you could go nuts and set up a cron job that runs every minute if
> you really want to (not that I could stop you anyway).

I don't know what mail client is involved here (missed the rest of the thread),
but don't most mail clients allow you to run a command to generate the sig per
message? ie. Sylpheed, Evo, K-Mail, etc.

Also, you can use the built in functionality of 'fortune' and create your own
fortune files, this is the howto I used:

http://clevername.homeip.net/howto/

Sylpheed runs this for me:

#!/bin/bash
echo `uptime`
echo `fortune /home/joehill/sigs/quotes`
exit

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
19:49:44 up 51 days, 19:36, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.05