Re: limiting resources

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 11:51, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Dominique Dumont <domi@komarr.grenoble.hp.com>
[2004.09.21.1141 +0200]:
> > > I forgot to mention that spamc is of course being used. However,
> > > spamc does not provide the means to strip markup from email
> > > messages, nor can it report to razor. My users don't need
> > > spamassassin for spam checking, but for spam processing.
> >
> > Have you tried the '-m' switch on spamd ?
>
> Sure. As I said, spamd is not the problem. It's users executing
> <resource-intensive-app> multiple times, with the last time being
> spamassassin that almost killed the system.
>
> > You may need to use perl5.8.x to avoid signal handling bugs
> > mentionned in spamd man page. See "PERL_SIGNALS" in perlrun and
> > "Deferred Signals (Safe Signals)" in perlipc for details.
>
> All being done here.

Back in 2002 I asked on lkml a question similar to yours
<http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0211.3/0583.html>. Rik
Van Riel mentioned his fairsched <http://surriel.com/patches/>, but it
looks like it's not been ported to recent kernels.

Marc-Christian Petersen pointed me to another patch
<http://www.tls-technologies.com/CPU/cpu-intro.html>. But again, it's
not been ported to recent kernels, it seems.

B/R,
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare