Re: mozilla-tbird + xprint + fonts

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 07:36:18PM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> David Purton wrote:
> > Running unstable mozilla-thunderbird, recently printing has
> > started to use the wrong font for plain text emails.
> >
> > The print preview on screen looks ok, but then when it prints
> > using Xprint a proportional font is used. In general the font
> > spacing is a bit messed up and the font used is too small.
> >
> > Is there anyway to configure what font is used for printing of
> > emails from thunderbird? [..]
> So this is a recent problem.. hadn't realised that. I had the same
> problem (print preview in monospace, but actual print in
> proportional).
> In Mozilla & derivatives xprint's behaviour can be configured by
> means of a userContent.css file. This can also be used to obtain
> monospaced prints of mail messages.
> For details, see: http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu#xprint

Thanks, this describes the problem exactly. I figured out that it was
looking at the font preferences that broke things (by trial and error -
since I noticed that the default settings printed ok)

The solution on this page seems to be more robust, thanks.

David Purton
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a