Bult kernel, but still running old one.

I wanted to build a new kernel, since some firewall software needed a later one than supplied with 3.0r2. I downloaded the 2.4.19 source, built the kernel, and installed it, which created /boot/bzImage.

I suspect I may have gone wrote here, but I then created a link from /boot/bzImage to /vmlinuz

Now when I boot, it still is booting the old kernel, although I can't see what is making it do this. As far as I am aware, it is booting the /vmlinuz, which is linked to the new kernel.

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE
Senior Research Fellow