OT: Re: how to start jbidwatcher

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:11:20 -0700
Mike Chandler <mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

<snip>
> Thanks Jacob,
> The confusion was all on my part... but ain't jbidwatcher an awesome
> program? If you want something on ebay, but have a definite maximum
> price you're willing to pay -which is realistic of the actual value-
> and don't mind losing to someone who wants to pay too much, just don't
> bid at all... let the newbies mistakenly bid it up.  Use snipe to
> enter your max price. You will win it, or someone else will pay too
> much... at least that's how I like to look at it :)
> Of course if you REALLY gotta have it and money is no issue at all
> (not me), just snipe a crazy high amount and you're almost guaranteed.

I've never actually used jbidwatcher, just a couple of other java
programs unrelated to ebay. For ebay I've been using 'bidwatcher'
(similar name, unrelated project from what I can see). It works well,
but it's not quite as fancy as jbidwatcher, so I may have to play around
with jbidwatcher now. :-)

I definitely like sniping my bids though. Otherwise it's pretty much
impossible to find any kind of bargains on ebay these days (or at least
in the computer sections where I spend most of my time).

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #38: