Re: Re: how to start jbidwatcher

Well, I tried the suggestion; but I must not be doing something right.
Here's what I did;
1. went onto the dir where JBidWatcher-0.9.3.1.jar is located, (which
is  /home/mike/programs)
2. rightclicked and did 'create new file > text file', and called it
jbidwatcher.sh
3. made  jbidwatcher.sh executable
4. Opened  jbidwatcher.sh with an editor and put in the sample script you gave
me, (editing for actual path.) Like this:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/mike/programs/
java -jar JBidWatcher-0.9.3.1.jar

5. on desktop, rightclicked and did 'create new file > link to application'
6. made it executable
7. rightclick on the new icon, click properties tab, typed in the command
field: /home/mike/programs/jbidwatcher.sh

Now I click on that desktop icon I just made, and nothing opens, but the
little hourglass timer flashes for 10-15 seconds then stops.

Probably simple, but obviously beyond me. Please, what did I do or not do?
Thanks.