Re: Questions about aptitude use

Paul E Condon wrote:
I have set up preferences to track testing, and have unstable
available for use.

I think I now see pachages from both sarge and sid on the aptitude
interactive screen. Am I right, or am I dreaming?

Is there a way to tell which release a pachage will come from if I
markit for install on the interactive screen? Or which version # is
sid?

If you mark it for install on the interactive screen it should choose the sarge/testing version. Assuming that you don't have additional sources like experimental, the sid version # should always just be the highest version number. I agree that it can be confusing at times. With sarge/unstable/experimental/installed there can be up to 4 versions, while if there is only one it doesn't imply that it is actually a sarge version[it can either mean sarge=unstable or there is no sarge version].