Re: eroaster atapi ide-scsi and burning files - fail to detect reader/writer

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:

|> Does 'k3b' allow multiple CD and/or compressed backups?

I'm not sure. I know it allows the use of multiple CDs for CD cloning,
but something I read on the home page suggested that support for
multiple CDs in all burning tasks will come in version 0.12 (the
current version, and the version available in Debian, is 0.11).

As for compression, k3b supports all the options made available by
mkisofs, which presumably includes the -z option:

   -z     Generate  special  RRIP  records  for transparently com-
              pressed files.  This is only of  use  and  interest  for
              hosts  that  support  transparent decompression, such as
              Linux 2.4.14 or later.  You must specify the  -R  or  -r
              options  to  enable  RockRidge,  and generate compressed
              files using the mkzftree utility before running mkisofs.
              Note  that transparent compression is a nonstandard Rock
              Ridge extension.  The resulting disks are only transpar-
              ently  readable  if  used  on Linux.  On other operating
              systems you will need to call mkzftree by hand to decom-
              press the files.

Sorry I can't be more definite,

Jim