Re: Questions about aptitude use

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 10:54 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I have set up preferences to track testing, and have unstable
> available for use.
>
> I think I now see pachages from both sarge and sid on the aptitude
> interactive screen. Am I right, or am I dreaming?
>
> Is there a way to tell which release a pachage will come from if I
> markit for install on the interactive screen? Or which version # is
> sid?

I run sid, with gnome from experimental.  A very useful command in this
situation (which I think will also get most of what you want) is
'l', which allows you to limit the tree view. for example, l ~Aexper
will limit the interactive screen view to packages from experimental.
~Atesting, ~Aunstable will limit the view to those 'releases',
respectively.