Re: (Sid) Net broken - Sending streams stall

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Please verify if you don't have ECN enabled, but it really doesn't look
> like an ECN problem at all.

Uh, ECN? *puzzled* If I had changed anything about "ECN" on purpose I think
I'd remember, but I don't remember doing anything regarding that particular
acronym. At least, not manually.

> If your computer can talk to a machine very near you (i.e. there is only
> switching equipment between the two, no routers or firewalls) without
> trouble, then you have a misconfigured router or firewall in the way.

Well, my computer can talk to any other, to a degree. For some reason larger
outgoing TCP streams being sent from my computer stall. My computer receives
data just fine, but seems to have trouble sending it. Mind you, this only
happens to individual streams, and it does not happen in Win98, which is why
I suspect something in my Debian install is broken. Does the Linux TCP/IP
implementation really differ that much from Windows that a problem like this
is possible to exist in one but not the other?

> I'd try to locate all of those using traceroute (won't flag
> packet-filtering bridges, though), and request help from the local network
> engineers to track it down.

Oh dear, sounds like this is going from bad to worse... ;-)

Thanks,
Brendon