Re: "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Phil Thomson wrote:

Hi all,

Working on a network install of Debian, but I'm having trouble getting the network to come up. My NIC is a D-Link DFE-530TX, the driver for which is rtl8139. When I run dhclient, I get "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable". The list archives suggest that it has something to do with the driver and/or a conflicting IRQ. Does anyone else have experience with this error message? What's the easiest way to change the driver for this (one person suggested 8139too). How do I check the IRQ's? TIA for any info.

8139too is certainly the right driver, and the use of something else is a sufficient explanation of why it doesn't work.

The Q becomes, why are you not using 8139too?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait