Re: (Sid) Net broken - Sending streams stall

Me again, same problem quoted below. Doesn't anyone have any ideas about this?
Any logs I could look at, configs I could tweak or variables I could alter?
I'm really perplexed by this one, and I'd hate to fix it using the Windows
method (ie reinstalling). I'm desperate for some ideas! Is this really that
weird a problem?

Thanks,
Brendon

> The past week I've been experiencing some weird problems trying to upload
data to various sites and send emails. It
> seems FTP always stalls after 16384 bytes, and CVS seems to behave
similarly, stalling after only a few sent packets
> and waiting several minutes before its connection times out. Also having
similar problems with emails, the difference
> being they are much less than 16K, but the problem seems the same. I'm
guessing that only TCP streams are
> affected as UDP packets seem to make it out just fine (extensive testing in
Enemy Territory confirms this). Individual
> streams seem to behave independently, and downloads are unaffected by this
problem and are working fine. I'm not
> running a firewall (at least, I'm pretty sure I'm not). I have no clue
what's causing this, but it appears to be something
> specific to Sid since it doesn't happen in my Win98 partition (it's for
games, sue me ;-) ), and it only started
> happening within the past week or two.
>
> I'm at a loss how to continue to diagnose this. Any ideas or tips would be
greatly appreciated. I'm not on the list,
> please CC me.
>
> Running kernel 2.6.8 compiled from deb source package, connecting through
56k modem. If you think any other