Re: configuration of nsswitch.conf ignored by system

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 09:43, Matthias Eichler wrote:
> - I read that right that its not a nscd-bug or something
>   but a bug in the glibc which doesnt handle the nsswitch.conf
>   the correct way?

The Debian maintainers seem to regard it as a feature of glibc
rather than as a bug.

> - The bug was tagged "WONTFIX"...does this just mean that
>   nobody from the Deb-Crew will fix it because it relies
>   on other developers?

They regard it as a feature, so the behavior probably will
not be changed.

> - Where can I monitor this bug, where will I see when the
>   bug is fixed as this is really a pain in the ass on one
>   of our production systems.

It won't be fixed.  There is a workaround, though, involving the
addition of IPv6 lines to /etc/hosts.  Read through all the
reports carefully to get a full picture.

--
Thomas Hood