Re: configuration of nsswitch.conf ignored by system

Hi Thomas,

On Mo, 2004-08-23 at 18:59 +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > I've the problem that on all debian systems (Woody, Sid) it
> > seems that some configuration changes of the nsswitch.conf
> > are ignored by the system.
> See #160596 and those merged with it.

As I am not the "over-geek" I have to bother you with some
further questions:
- I read that right that its not a nscd-bug or something
  but a bug in the glibc which doesnt handle the nsswitch.conf
  the correct way?
- The bug was tagged "WONTFIX"...does this just mean that
  nobody from the Deb-Crew will fix it because it relies
  on other developers?
- Where can I monitor this bug, where will I see when the
  bug is fixed as this is really a pain in the ass on one
  of our production systems.
- Does anybody know the timeframe in which such a bug will
  be fixed? Days, Months, Years? Because the original Bug
  opener is from 2002!

Thanks,

Matt