Re: configuration of nsswitch.conf ignored by system

Hi

On Di, 2004-08-24 at 09:47 +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:

> The Debian maintainers seem to regard it as a feature of glibc
> rather than as a bug.
[...]
> They regard it as a feature, so the behavior probably will
> not be changed.

How can it be a feature when I make some configuration to
nsswitch.conf (meaning: dear lookup-process, please stop
here when successfull) and this is ignored?
If a configuration is ignored it should be (nearly) always
a bug, shouldnt it? ;-)

> It won't be fixed.  There is a workaround, though, involving
> the addition of IPv6 lines to /etc/hosts.  Read through all
> the reports carefully to get a full picture.

Ok, maybe we come closer, maybe the bug you told me is not
the one which fits to my problem, because I do not have any
problems with the "hosts"-lookup, but with the groups-lookup!
So it shouldnt have to something with "getaddrinfo", should
it?

Thanks,

Matthias