Re: Debian Linux on a mac?

Am Samstag, den 21.08.2004, 17:27 -0400 schrieb S.D.A.:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:03:53PM +0200 or thereabouts, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:

> > Beige G3 firmware is kind of broken. Some people claim to have managed
> > to boot from it - I didn't manage in days, like most users. There is a
> > small extension program for Mac OS 9 to boot linux. Sorry, forgot the
> > name... You can boot Mac OS 9, but nearly immediately it hands over to
> > linux.
>
> Aha! You're probably referring to BootX? My brother, doesn't have MacOS 9 on
> that box, so looks like we'll be installing it. Thanks!

Yepp, "BootX" - I had forgotten the name. It's annoying, but it works.

Hint: Since not every PPC-Kernel supports HFS+ filesystems, you should
intall your mac OS 9 system on HFS (without "plus"), since the kernel
you want to boot has to be copied from linux to Mac OS, so you sometimes
have to mount the Mac-partition in linux.

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/