Re: RE : What is the current stable version

On Fri, Aug 20 at 08:21AM +0200,
Frederic.Dreier@isc-ejpd.admin.ch wrote:
> And what will append on my machine wenn Sarge will be released
> as stable? My apt list point on 'stable' repository.. Does it
> meeens that I will get a massive upgrade next time I run
> 'apt-get upgrade'?
>
> Does it could leads in stability problems? (I have no physical
> access to my server)

if your sources.list links to STABLE, and STABLE MOVES TO A NEW
RELEASE, then you'll be getting a whole lot of new upgrade
situations. config files, filesystem hierearchy locations, yada
yada. most will go smoothly, but the ones that don't will be the
ones yuo're most interested in (it *just knows* :).

if your sources.list links to WOODY, then you'll stay with
woody. much less stress (and less recently-developed packages as
well).

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #52 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Would you like to GET APACHE TO HIDE CERTAIN FILES? It's
as easy as adding this to your /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
  PerlModule Apache::Constants
  <FilesMatch "\.hide$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlInitHandler Apache::Constants::NOT_FOUND
  </FilesMatch>
Your scripts, behind the scenes, still have free access to
everything; but web browsers will be told they don't exist!