Re: On downloading Debian ISOs

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 08:30, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:11:54 -0400 (EDT), "Loki"
> <redvision@geocities.com> said:
> >
> > However, keep in mind that the more disks you download at work (via
> > broadband) the fewer packages you're going to have to download at home
> > (via dialup).
>
> Yeah ... that's the reason I am trying to get as much as possible at
> work.
>
> > It's also not a bad idea to Google for the ISO filenames. I got much
> > quicker downloading access by spreading my downloads across a number of
> > 'unofficial' mirrors that aren't listed at debian.org.
>
> Thanks for that tip. :)

you may also think about using apt-mirror, on a removable harddrive at
work, you can then move this disk back and forth, and allways have your
local mirror updated to the latest.

this way you can do your installs the debian way and you allways have
all the packages available.
and apt-mirror downloads debs using ftp/http so you shoudnt have
problems with your firewall/proxy

--
Ronny Aasen <list@datapart-as.no>