Re: On downloading Debian ISOs

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:30:37AM +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:11:54 -0400 (EDT), "Loki"
> <redvision@geocities.com> said:
> >
> > However, keep in mind that the more disks you download at work (via
> > broadband) the fewer packages you're going to have to download at home
> > (via dialup).
>
> Yeah ... that's the reason I am trying to get as much as possible at
> work.
>
> > It's also not a bad idea to Google for the ISO filenames. I got much
> > quicker downloading access by spreading my downloads across a number of
> > 'unofficial' mirrors that aren't listed at debian.org.
>
> Thanks for that tip. :)
Hi Raksesh,
the easy way to do it is to get the first cd. Debian makes the ISO's
based on what people really use. The first cd has the most widely used
software. So once you download and install the first cd, you will have
95% of the software you will need. After that, you can search the debian
site to see what you want to get.
-Kev
--

        (__)