Re: Quick question: Choice of release

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:33:49AM +0200, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> I and a friend are playing with the idea of convincing our gymnasium to
> using Debian GNU/Linux as their main server OS.
>
> As it comes to this issue, which release we would want; stable, testing or
> unstable?
>
> Making the choice, it would matter that the focus is on reliability. We
> would want it to be absolutely reliable and secure. No security flaws would
> be accepted. On the other hand, we wouldn't want it to be outdated, so any
> performance-fixes are not included. What is the best compromise?
>
> Regards, skrewz a.k.a. Anders Breindahl.

For server, the safe, cautious advice is to use stable. But now, Sarge is
on the verge of becoming the newest version of stable. Depending on how fast
the people at gymnasium work, it might very well be the official stable by the
time that you have convinced them to use it.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net