Serial terminal in testing?

Is there a serial terminal program in testing? Like what you'd use to log in to another host over a serial line?

Not something like xterm or gnome-terminal which is for login shells over a network login. I need something that communicates over serial ports, and will let me set the baud rate and flow control.

I'm developing the firmware for an embedded device that sends debugging messages out a serial port, and into the serial port on my PC. When I was using Windows I used Hyperterminal for this. But I just got set up to develop the firmware under linux instead. Browsing through dselect I couldn't find anything in the way of serial terminals for debian.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't something so I must be overlooking it.

Thanks!

Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/
crawford@goingware.com