Re: Serial terminal in testing?

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:34:12 -0300
"Michael D. Crawford" <crawford@goingware.com> wrote:

> Is there a serial terminal program in testing?  Like what you'd use to
>
> log in to another host over a serial line?
>
> Not something like xterm or gnome-terminal which is for login shells
> over a network login.  I need something that communicates over serial
> ports, and will let me set the baud rate and flow control.
>
> I'm developing the firmware for an embedded device that sends
> debugging messages out a serial port, and into the serial port on my
> PC.  When I was using Windows I used Hyperterminal for this.  But I
> just got set up to develop the firmware under linux instead.  Browsing
> through dselect I couldn't find anything in the way of serial
> terminals for debian.
>
> I'd be shocked if there wasn't something so I must be overlooking it.

Try "apt-cache show ckermit", "apt-cache show gkermit", and "apt-cache
show minicom". Just to name a few. I prefer minicom.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #31:
National Weather Service advice for those threatened by severe
thunderstorms: "Go inside a sturdy building and stay away from WINDOWS!"
http://www.linux.org