Help using Apt-Get

Title: Help using Apt-Get

Hello all,

I am new to Debian (three or so days now)
I have a question, I'm using the Woody release of Debian (3.0) and I want to get KDE3 (and some other recent packages) but in order to do that I have to get packages from the testing release, however, I am unsure of how to do this. I googled it and found something about Pinning and followed the instructions (created a preferences file and put some stuff in there) and it doesn't work. Here's the entry I put in the sources file (that's probably the problem):

deb http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ testing main

However, when I run 'apt-get update' here's the result:

Fetched 3053kB in 18s (164kB/s)
Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occurred whie processing python-egenix-mxstack (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/debian.yorku.ca_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_packages
E: Package lists or status fie could not be parsed or opened

I have no idea what any of that means...speaking of which, if someone wouldn't mind explaining the format of the sources.list file (the man page is unclear to me) I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank You in Advance,
David Bokan