Re: Error: Please disable GnuPG Agent from KGpg settings, or fix the agent.

Hello

Lance W. Haverkamp (<Lance@TheHaverkamps.net>) wrote:

> If I turn on the agent in kgpg I keep getting the following error at
> launch, and the agent does not work:
>
> The use of GnuPG Agent is enabled in GnuPG's configuration file
> (/home/lance/.gnupg/gpg.conf).
> However, the agent doesn't seem to run. This could result in problems
> with signing/decryption.
> Please disable GnuPG Agent from KGpg settings, or fix the agent.
>
> Does anyone know what to do about this?

If the agent is installed, add

use-gpg-agent

to /etc/X11/Xsession.options. However I think you need the newpg package
that is currently not included in Debian to get the agent.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976