Re: Help using Apt-Get

David Bokan wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to Debian (three or so days now)
I have a question, I'm using the Woody release of Debian (3.0) and I want to
get KDE3 (and some other recent packages) but in order to do that I have to
get packages from the testing release, however,
a. www.apt-get.org
This has lots of stuff, and I fell for this one. What you tend to get is not what people say they're offering., but what they actually put there.
eg You find someone offering kde 3.3. What if they have Apache in the same repository? You get both, and you're out of control

b. www.backports.org
Lots of stuff. Each set has its own repository.

Cheers
John

-- spambait