Re: problem installing Sendmail

Carlos Sousa wrote:

| The sendmail package asks you a few questions upon installation, so
|  as to configure it properly for your machine. Don't you remember
| answering them? You really should take software installation a lot
| less lightly...

I've answered the config questions of course
But I'm not sure if I answered it right...

Here is my "sendmail.mc"
Is there any thing wrong?

divert(-1)dnl
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# $Sendmail: debproto.mc,v 8.12.11 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $
#
# Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Richard Nelson.  All Rights Reserved.
#
# cf/debian/sendmail.mc.  Generated from sendmail.mc.in by configure.
#
# sendmail.mc prototype config file for building Sendmail 8.12.11
#
# Note: the .in file supports 8.7.6 - 9.0.0, but the generated
#       file is customized to the version noted above.
#
# This file is used to configure Sendmail for use with Debian systems.
#
# If you modify this file, you will have to regenerate
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
# by running this file through the m4 preprocessor via one of the
following:
#       * `sendmailconfig`
#       * `make`
#       * `m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf`
# The first two options are preferred as they will also update other
files
# that depend upon the contents of this file.
#
# The best documentation for this .mc file is:
# /usr/share/doc/sendmail-doc/cf.README.gz
#
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

divert(0)dnl
#
#   Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Richard Nelson.  All Rights Reserved.
#
#  This file is used to configure Sendmail for use with Debian systems.
#
define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl
include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy
Exp $')
OSTYPE(`debian')dnl
DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl
dnl #
dnl # General defines
dnl #
dnl # SAFE_FILE_ENV: [undefined] If set, sendmail will do a chroot()
dnl #   into this directory before writing files.
dnl #   If *all* your user accounts are under /home then use that
dnl #   instead - it will prevent any writes outside of /home !
dnl #   define(`confSAFE_FILE_ENV',             `')dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
FEATURE(`nullclient', NONE)dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

| The "Name server" bit seems to indicate a hostname/ip resolving
| problem. Can you browse the web from that machine? Did you have an
| MTA previously, and could you send mail then? Can you ping outside
| hosts?

I can browse the web.
I haven't configed it to use MTA previously and I haven't sent any
message before....

| It may be the case that you have to get information from the
| network admin in order to get your sendmail to route mail properly
| for your network environment.

Sorry...I know it's stupid but...can you explain more?