Re: Sarge RAID install

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, WA9ALS - John wrote:

> Newbie installing latest Sarge would like to configure RAID 1.  Would
> someone please show me what the partition table should look like for the
> simple case of / and swap partitions, configured with RAID 1?  Thanks!  -
> John

if you're using the sarge installer ... you can have lots of fun fiddling
with it

the basics ... if you're looking for things to look for

	fdisk -l /dev/hda	-> shoyld say its "FD" partition type

	in /etc/fstab
	/dev/md0	/	... regular stuff ..
	/dev/md1	/swap	... regular swap stuff ..

	in /etc/lilo.conf

	boot=/dev/md0
	root=/dev/md0

- you know it's working when:
	( all hands off - no keyboard fiddling to get it to boot )

	- pull out a disk ... and the system still boots
	- pull out the other disk and the system still boots

	- write data inbetween the "simulated disk failures"
	and see that the data resync to the other disk

c ya
alvin