Re: Rant about installer features (Re: Progeny)

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 00:06 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:56:10PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
>
> > If you insist upon having X-windows as part of the installation then you
> > probably will only be happy with Windows, RedHat, and SuSE.  I don't
> > know that Slackware does X installation by default as do these others.
>
> Knoppix, Gnoppix, Progeny ....

So, then Carl... you base all of your Servers on HUGE-MON-GOLLY-GOUS
package lists?

Knoppix has 1200+ packages installed

Gnoppix is similar, but smaller 1000+

Progeny == Debian Style Anaconda can't really be compared to. I always
have and always will prefer curses based installers.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux