Re: can't retrieve large numbers of email

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 05:35:21PM -0700, Ric Otte wrote:

   > I think running fetchmail by cron  would work, but the problem arises
   > when I am out of town for a couple of days and my home machine is not
   > running.  I could, of course, leave it running while I'm gone, but I
   > prefer to shut it down.  Next time I return from a trip I may try
   > downloading only 100 messages at a time and see what happens (but
   > there must be an easier way).  Thanks for the suggestion,

Sometime back I too had a similar problem. Fetchmail would exit after
downloading about 30 or 40 messages. Worse, when I reconnected, it would
start downloading the whole thing again. I know it is a problem with my
pop provider, but I could not help it.

Later found that running (as suggested) fetchmail -e 20 (or some number)
would download so many messages, disconnect and reconnect. That can even
be put in your fetchmailrc.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

It is better to travel hopefully than to fly Continental.