Re: can't retrieve large numbers of email

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 07:14:41PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Hi rick,
> I have fetchmail run at intervals (like every 10 minutes) (CRON can do
> this) and ask it to
> download a few email at a time (like with --fetchlimit=20). So, I always
> get a few emails every once in a while. This approach mail help.
> try doing:
> fetchmail --fetchlimit=20
> (repeat 15 times)
> and see if this as the same result.
> -Kev

Kev,

I think running fetchmail by cron  would work, but the problem arises
when I am out of town for a couple of days and my home machine is not
running.  I could, of course, leave it running while I'm gone, but I
prefer to shut it down.  Next time I return from a trip I may try
downloading only 100 messages at a time and see what happens (but
there must be an easier way).  Thanks for the suggestion,

Ric