Re: 3ware woes

Gah, hate replying to myself, but there you go.

Does anyone have any idea how I compile the 3w-9xxx source for 2.4.19?

I've gotten the 2.4 source tarball from 3ware's website, which includes the following files:

pika@zaphod:~/3w-9xxx/driver$ ls
3w-9xxx.c  3w-9xxx.h  3w-9xxx_fw.h  Makefile.oth  Makefile.rh

So, the usual .c and .h plus what I presume to be the firmware, plus two makefiles; one for Redhat, and one for everything else...? Perhaps unsurprisngly, there's no documentation anywhere I can find, and being the kind of person who's never done this before (unless you count the ivtv module, which actually has a working makefile), I'm a bit lost.

Running make 3w-9xxx gives the following output:

pika@zaphod:~/3w-9xxx/driver$ make 3w-9xxx
cc     3w-9xxx.c   -o 3w-9xxx
In file included from /usr/include/asm/smp.h:18,
                 from /usr/include/linux/smp.h:17,
                 from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from 3w-9xxx.c:61:
/usr/include/asm/mpspec.h:6: mach_mpspec.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/linux/smp.h:17,
                 from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from 3w-9xxx.c:61:
/usr/include/asm/smp.h:73: mach_apicdef.h: No such file or directory
In file included from 3w-9xxx.c:76:
/usr/include/linux/blk.h:1: warning: #warning this file is obsolete, please use <linux/blkdev.h> instead
In file included from 3w-9xxx.c:86:
/usr/include/asm/irq.h:16: irq_vectors.h: No such file or directory
3w-9xxx.c:89: sd.h: No such file or directory
3w-9xxx.c:90: scsi.h: No such file or directory
3w-9xxx.c:91: hosts.h: No such file or directory
3w-9xxx.c:2261: scsi_module.c: No such file or directory
make: *** [3w-9xxx] Error 1

My cursory glance through the makefile makes it looks like everything is there where it should be, but obviously something is amiss. Of course, what I'm really looking to do is to patch the kernel source allowing me to compile this driver into the kernel (rather than as a module), but that's another story.

If anyone has any ideas or can suggest a more appropriate list to moan at, then I shall award you 5000 points and a big bowl of raspberry jelly, and you can't say fairer than that.

Many thanks!