VMware and QEMU (was Re: Internet Explorer 6 on Debian Unstable)

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 07:31 pm, Gregory Pierce wrote:

> you can emulate the whole Windows XP (or any other brand of WIndows)
> environment with a proprietary package called VMware.

My new favorite toy is QEMU, which is a system emulator built around a CPU
emulator ala Bochs, except that it's actually fast enough to be usable.

How good is it?  I installed Windows XP in a QEMU virtual machine today at
work, and tomorrow I plan to install SP2 on it.  For me, it's good enough
that I expect to be wiping the drives on the little computer that I currently
keep around solely to run Quickbooks Pro.
--
Kirk Strauser