Re: VMware and QEMU (was Re: Internet Explorer 6 on Debian Unstable)

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:15:25PM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2004 07:31 pm, Gregory Pierce wrote:
>
> > you can emulate the whole Windows XP (or any other brand of WIndows)
> > environment with a proprietary package called VMware.
>
> My new favorite toy is QEMU, which is a system emulator built around a CPU
> emulator ala Bochs, except that it's actually fast enough to be usable.
>
> How good is it?  I installed Windows XP in a QEMU virtual machine today at
> work, and tomorrow I plan to install SP2 on it.  For me, it's good enough
> that I expect to be wiping the drives on the little computer that I currently
> keep around solely to run Quickbooks Pro.

Gregory,

Could you get the network connection working from Windows XP?  I have also
installed XP on qemu but I had no success in getting the network
working.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men
      ought always to pray, and not to faint."
                                             Luke 18:1