Re: OpenOffice won't print anymore

I tried aptitude and apt-get and did get 77 packages that have refused to
upgrade for the last 6 months installed using aptitude.  apt-get didn't fix
them.  I now get:

opie:/home/hgh# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done

but openoffice still won't print, it shows release "1.1.2".

Called the cups people for help and they showed me some tricks including
resetting my ppd file on the server using:

"lpadmin -pcolor -i hpb46007.ppd.gz"

I also found that my openoffice printer settings had gotten
reset to "A4" paper during the upgrade rather than the default
of "letter", Hah Hah Hah very funny, got me again with that
cheap trick.  I guess I shot myself in the foot by taking the
maintainers/developers config file rather than keeping my own.

I also found out how to funnel a postscript file thru the print que
unscathed and this fixed my "crisp" editor printing problems where
the landscape options inside the postscript file where being overridden
by setting up the print command on "crisp" like so:

"| lpr -o raw"

So it looks like my printing woe's are behind me.  Thanks to everyone
for the tips and support.

hgh.

--
Henry Hollenberg