Re: Bogus reply-to

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 11:22:02PM -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-08-09, Tim Connors penned:
> >
> > What I am saying, is all of these discussion lists have differnt
> > policies.  It's kind of silly expecting people to remember which
> > policy belongs to which list, and blasting people when they get it
> > wrong.
>
> My understanding is that gmane translates my Mail-Copies-To: never into
> the appropriate mail followup header.  I've asked a couple of times if
> this is working, and no one has said anything to me, so I assume it is.
> In fact:

> shows:

> Aren't these the vaunted headers?  And yet, I get cc'd, or directly
> emailed, all the time.  Either people's clients or broken, or they are.
> Either way, the headers don't work.  Not reliably.

Unfortunately, those headers are not specified in the relevant RFCs and
are not in wide use outside of Linux and other highly technical mailing
lists.  Support for MFT and MCT headers is strictly optional, so many
mail client authors/vendors simply choose not to support them.

--
You win again, gravity!