Re: email questions...

On 2004-08-06, John Summerfield penned:

> Using your ISPs relay also works well, and has other benefits too.
> Such as taking your mail more quickly than the remote site(s),
> especially if you send mail to lots of people.

I don't think I understand this.  Why would using an ISP's relay speed
up the mail transfer?  Because your own server only sends one copy and
the ISP's server then chunks it up for everyone?  (That's just a guess;
haven't looked into it.)

Frankly, though my current ISP is better than any other I've had, I'd
rather handle as much of the plumbing myself as I can get away with.
Easier to troubleshoot, in any case.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: