Re: Thanks for Debian Installer

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 17:28 +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
--snip--
> I don't suppose you managed to get it to either:
>
> a)  Create software RAID devices without hanging, or
> b)  Just mount an existing software RAID device without attempting to
> recreate it?

I actually just tried this a couple of days ago. I was trying to use two
120 GB drives in software RAID 0. The furthest I could manage to get was
to create the md device, partition the drives, and try to create a
filesystem. That's where it would always give me an error. I'm not sore
if this is a software RAID specific issue, but it wouldn't allow me to
create a primary partition on the RAID device. I had to create a logical
partition and then divide that up. But as soon as it got to actually
creating the filesystem it would give me an error.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837