Re: AnyOne got "Rekall" working on Debian

On July 29, 2004 03:06 pm, John Foster wrote:
> I am trying to get Rekall 2.0 to compile on Debian sid. It seems to
> crap out saying that there are no headers or libs installed. I have
> qt3-mt  installed, & am wondering if the 'mt' is the problem. I ran
> into a similar issue a while ago with perl-mt on another application.
> The non 'mt' version of qt3 is currently broken in sid as well as
> kdelibs4 which is also needed to compile this application. Any
> thoughts or experiences. BTW 'Rekall" is a KDE database frontend
> similar to ms Access in function, but it currently has no Debian
> developer--anyone interested???
> --
> John Foster

Not that it matters now I see you have it installed from the mentors
site but of anyone else who wants to try it here is what I have when I
built it a couple of days ago from my notes.

Downloaded and extract in my archive directory had to export
QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3 in the console for it to find qt and
use ./configure --prefix=/usr.

[HappyTux:/home/stephen]# agi python2.3-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
   python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5)
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Inst python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5 Debian:testing)
Conf python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5 Debian:testing)

To get the python developement files that were missing. Then for MySQL
as well.
[HappyTux:/home/stephen]# agi libmysqlclient-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
   libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5)
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Inst libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5 Debian:testing)
Conf libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5 Debian:testing)

*** build log ***

Building with MySQL Driver
PgSQL driver will not build
XBase driver will not build

Good - your configure finished. Start make now

It compiled fine and used checkinstall to build a .deb the docs and
icons/desktop link end up in a non-standard debian directories so you
have to start with it rekall in a console or using the run command
dialog in KDE.

Stephen