Re: debian-installer: partman, limited; base-install failed, grave error?

Leif W wrote:

Hello,

If there have been bug reports filed for these issues, please let me know.

I'm using a Pentium (586) class computer (AMD K6-2 running at 262 MHz in a
system running at 75 MHz FSB, 37.5 MHz PCI bus), with 128 MB of EDO DRAM.  The
system appears to be stable, and has run at this bus speed for over a year,
but with an Intel 133 non-MMX CPU and an older BIOS.  Mainboard's Intel 430HX
chipset is using the Intel 82371SB PIIX3 IDE chipset.  Network card is LinkSys
LNE100TX v5.1.

I'm trying to install a fresh copy of Debian unstable using the unstable
boot/root floppies from 20040715.

You should be on the boot-floppies list where problems with the new debian-installer are discussed. Also, there's a newer build in Sid now: I've just been running the Sid July 29 build.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait