Re: AnyOne got "Rekall" working on Debian

On Friday 30 July 2004 06:20 am, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> On July 29, 2004 03:06 pm, John Foster wrote:
> > I am trying to get Rekall 2.0 to compile on Debian sid. It seems to
> > crap out saying that there are no headers or libs installed. I have
> > qt3-mt  installed, & am wondering if the 'mt' is the problem. I ran
> > into a similar issue a while ago with perl-mt on another application.
> > The non 'mt' version of qt3 is currently broken in sid as well as
> > kdelibs4 which is also needed to compile this application. Any
> > thoughts or experiences. BTW 'Rekall" is a KDE database frontend
> > similar to ms Access in function, but it currently has no Debian
> > developer--anyone interested???
> > --
> > John Foster
>
> Not that it matters now I see you have it installed from the mentors
> site but of anyone else who wants to try it here is what I have when I
> built it a couple of days ago from my notes.
>

> Downloaded and extract in my archive directory had to export
> QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3 in the console for it to find qt and
> use ./configure --prefix=/usr.
>
> [HappyTux:/home/stephen]# agi python2.3-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>    python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5)
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
> Inst python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5 Debian:testing)
> Conf python2.3-dev (2.3.4-5 Debian:testing)
>

> To get the python developement files that were missing. Then for MySQL
> as well.
> [HappyTux:/home/stephen]# agi libmysqlclient-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>    libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5)
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
> Inst libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5 Debian:testing)
> Conf libmysqlclient-dev (4.0.18-5 Debian:testing)
>

> *** build log ***
>
> Building with MySQL Driver
> PgSQL driver will not build
> XBase driver will not build
>
> Good - your configure finished. Start make now
>

> It compiled fine and used checkinstall to build a .deb the docs and
> icons/desktop link end up in a non-standard debian directories so you
> have to start with it rekall in a console or using the run command
> dialog in KDE.
>

> Stephen
Thanks for all the tips. I now have it all working well. I really appreciate
you posting these  compiling pointers, even though I have now got a working
product, I may try compiling the beta from cvs so these will certainly come
in handy.
There is no substitute for experience!!
--
John Foster