Re: Squid problems

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 05:57, nx13372 wrote:
> Hi all,
> All i do, was:
> #/etc/init.d/squid stop
> #rm -fr /var/spool/squid
> #rm /var/log/squid
> #squid -z
> #/etc/init.d/squid restart
> Squid starts ok.
> Now squid works, but don't cache. The
> #du -sh /var/spool/squid     is always 16452!
> Since i have 3 squid.conf.x in /etc/squid/ i already copy an older
> configuration for squid.conf, but thas nothing wrong with my actual
> squid.conf. It's working about 1 year. The owner and group of all
> related squid files is proxy.
> I'm using Debian Sid and when i upgrade squid i always keep my
> configuration file.

Okay.

        1. Did you setup your web browser to use the proxy?
        2. If you did do #1, do you get an error?
        3. If the answer to #2 is yes, you need to edit the access acls
        	to enable you to use it.
        4. Profit!

You really need to read the FAQ about squid at the squid homepage.
Especially the Troubleshooting section of the FAQ:

        http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html

Hope this helps.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net