Re: Squid problems

Greg Folkert wrote:

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 05:57, nx13372 wrote:
Hi all,
All i do, was:
#/etc/init.d/squid stop
#rm -fr /var/spool/squid
#rm /var/log/squid
#squid -z
#/etc/init.d/squid restart
Squid starts ok.
Now squid works, but don't cache. The
#du -sh /var/spool/squid     is always 16452!
Since i have 3 squid.conf.x in /etc/squid/ i already copy an older configuration for squid.conf, but thas nothing wrong with my actual squid.conf. It's working about 1 year. The owner and group of all related squid files is proxy. I'm using Debian Sid and when i upgrade squid i always keep my configuration file.

Okay.

       1. Did you setup your web browser to use the proxy?
No, it's a transparent proxy, and my rules in iptables are correct.

       2. If you did do #1, do you get an error?
No

       3. If the answer to #2 is yes, you need to edit the access acls
       	to enable you to use it.
My acls are the same, about 1 year ago.

       4. Profit!

You really need to read the FAQ about squid at the squid homepage.
Especially the Troubleshooting section of the FAQ:

       http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html

Hope this helps.

thanks