Encrypted wireless

Hello,

I have a wireless DSL router set up at home.  I currently don't use
encryption, so it's essentially a free-for-all and I've noticed some
freeloaders and the router doesn't provide any way to restrict access
other than by setting up encryption (side question: anyone know of a
wireless router that can restrict access by MAC address?).  I tried
setting up 64-bit encryption and adding an entry in
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.conf on my laptop.  No dice.  Anyone know what
the appropriate entry would look like?

Alternatively...

Can anyone suggest a tutorial/How-To on setting up wireless PCMCIA
cards to work on an encrypted wireless network?

Many thanks,

Jason