system installation

In the past I've always begun the installation of
a system with the rescue diskette and then installed
from a remote server as soon as the network was
accessible.

Now that Woody is running I want to install a fresh
disk and install the "testing" system on it.  Hardware
configuration and installation is easy.  Is there any
automated installation, such as provided by the
rescue and root diskettes, available in the extant
Woody system?

One method is to clone the existing system to the
fresh disk, boot it up, edit /etc/apt/sources.list
to change every "stable" to "testing" and run dselect.
There should be a more direct and efficient method.

Haven't found this topic in the Installation Manual.

Thanks for any ideas,         Peter E.

http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/