Re: system installation

> One method is to clone the existing system to the
> fresh disk, boot it up, edit /etc/apt/sources.list
> to change every "stable" to "testing" and run dselect.
> There should be a more direct and efficient method.
>
> Haven't found this topic in the Installation Manual.

I don't quite know how to do it, and I don't have time to look it up for you,
but there's a way to get a list of all your packages on Woody and then use
the Sarge installer to start a new Sarge going, then feed that list into it
from there to grab everything you had on Woody in one shot.

Something about --get-selections

I'm sure it's in the archives.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>